Knowing YOUNIQ Jewellery's Materials
Our jewellery collections are crafted from only premium-quality materials like titanium steel, 925 sterling silver, copper and brass. They are totally free from nickel & lead. It makes all of our collections skin-friendly, they are all hypoallergenic and totally worry-free from getting skin allergic!
Titanium steel aka titanium-coated stainless steel is a lightweight, highly rust-resistant and durable material. Our collection is PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) plating, a high-tech vacuum coating process that provides a shiny and solid exterior. When properly cared for, titanium steel will maintain its appearance for a lifetime. It's also waterproof and non-tarnish, it's safe to be worn during sports and even in shower, makes it perfect for everyday wear.
925 Sterling Silver
The world’s most used silver alloy, aka 925 Sterling Silver. Made from 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% copper that add strength and hardness. Pure silver is too soft – it gets all banged up, which is why we steer clear. We plate our silver jewellery in rhodium which gives it extra shin and durability.
With its captivating golden hue, brass jewellery exudes a graceful radiance, although it requires a little more attention compared to titanium steel pieces. Our brass jewelry undergoes micron plating, available in 18k and 24K gold finish ensuring an exquisite and luminous sheen.
A little care can go a long way
All our jewellery has been made with love by us, to be well-loved by you. With proper care such as avoid chemical substances such like perfumes for titanium steel, it will continue to shine.
How to Store:
- When not being worn, store in a safe, dry place to protect against the elements of daily exposure.
- Store pieces separately to avoid damage.
- Ensure pieces are completely dry before storing.
- Certain metals, like vermeil and sterling silver, can be prone to tarnishing. We recommend storing your pieces in our jewellery boxes and pouch with anti-tarnish cloth.
How to Clean:
- Proactive maintenance is the easiest way to care for your jewelry.
- Regularly cleaning your pieces helps to avoid the residue buildup that can dull the original shine.
- You can clean with mild soap water then rinse with clean lukewarm water and wipe with a soft cloth for plain metal design.
- For jewellery with Mother of Pearl, Cubic Zirconia or Diamond, avoid soak in water and rub them harshly. Instead, wipe them with a soft cloth dampened in soapy lukewarm water then pat dry.
Take note: For Jewellery that made of silver or brass. They require a little more maintenance on jewellery care as those materials are more delicate compared to titanium steel. So, always limit and avoid contact with water, perfumes, lotion other chemical substances. The more intentional you are about caring for your jewelry, the longer it will last.
As a general care tip, consider your jewelry should be the last thing you put on before going out and the first thing you remove upon coming home. Putting your jewellery on last when you are getting ready to go. Also, remove your jewelry before doing any activity that risks physical damage.
The finishes on plated jewellery will naturally fade over time, this is normal wear and tear but how quickly this happens is depends on your jewellery care. The best thing to do is follow the protection and cleaning instructions mentioned above.